A few years ago we were blessed to have the opportunity to attend an intimate forum with several self-made billionaires featured in the book, How they Did It: Billion Dollar Insights from the Heart of America by Robert Jordan. The book, and accordingly the bash as we called it, included billion dollar insights from these entrepreneurs across America. Since Jim was on Life Planning 101 this week sharing insights from his own coaching and entrepreneurial experiences, we thought you would enjoy these takeaways we attained from this event.
The Top 10 things every business owner should know:
- Hire someone smarter than you
- Follow a trend and the world will push you along
- Value the value you create
- Done beats perfect every time
- Failure is a key component to success
- Be innovative when things go wrong
- Fall in love with your clients, not your processes
- Destroy your company before someone else does
- It is all personal
- Be tough on your staff or your customers will be tougher on you when they leave
It was a wonderful experience to be able to converse with some of today’s biggest self-made successes. The insight that we gained from this event is priceless. Don’t forget you can listen straight from the horse’s mouth and hear what we heard on this week’s newsletter under Jim’s announcements.